Pleasant Valley

Pleasant Valley was laid out on April 28, 1859 by Levi Carpenter. It had 24 lots and four streets: Main, Walters, South, and Market. Houses were built by Frank Bridge and John Thacker, and Larkin Tilley ran a market. Also known as Dog Walk, it suffered a fire in the late 1800's from which it never really recovered.